Friday, May 2, 2008

my new obsession

I have become obsessed with BBC, especially their movie adaptations of classics. I blame this all on PBS who decided to air all of the BBC Jane Austen adaptations earlier this year. And now I just can't seem to get enough. My Netflix queue is jam packed with BBC movies that I am sure Kevin is not really going to want to see.

It also creates another problem: I have all of these books that I want to re-read or read for the first time. How did I ever get through school (and an English major) without ever having to read Elizabeth Glaskell? My library should be on alert for all of the books I am going to be putting on hold.

I rationalize all of this obsession as research for our trip to England, Ireland, and Scotland next spring. But really, what am I going to learn about planning a trip from 19th century literature? (except that I may have to stop at all of the places these books were written and set in - please say a prayer that Kevin doesn't kill me for it) So, if the next time you see me I am gushing about Cranford, North & South or Wives & Daughters, I apologize in advance. Just chalk it up the literature/movie geek part getting the best of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CNN says PBS is airing Cranford at 9p on Sunday. Maybe we should spend the whole stinkin day together and watch movies, play softball, then watch Cranford. Lol. We are such dorks.