Sunday, April 27, 2008

This weekend w/ the Hoeksemas

I had a superb, albeit busy, weekend. It deserves a run through day by day.

Friday
I worked from home in the morning, took Brody to the boarder's, picked Kevin up from work and we were off to the Tiger's game! They lost (boo), but it was a good game and we had pretty sweet seats. It was our first game of the year and the weather was b-e-a-utiful. All and all it was a great night.
Yay for really good seats!

After the game and CRAZY traffic in the D (at one point we were stuck in the middle of an intersection, blocked on three sides by cars), we made our way to a hotel in Mount Clemens, which leads us to...


Saturday
We woke up and headed to Chesterfield to pick up a console record player we found on Craig's List. We have been collecting records lately and needed something to play them on. Too bad that the guy kind of exaggerated how well it worked. We got it home and found out it only plays 78s well and all of our records are 33s and 45s. So, we need to get those speeds fixed so we can actually listen to it!

Notice the screwdriver and the back that is off and sitting on the top... Anyone know anything about fixing record players?

Once we got home Kevin tried to get the record player to work (while watching draft coverage) and I headed to the mall to get Kevin's gma a present for her bday. Then it was off to Holland for the bday celebration at Boatwerks. By the time we got home at 9:30, I was dead tired. I took Brody for a walk, laid down to read and promptly fell asleep with book in hand and the lights on.

Sunday
It was my week off from working with the babies at church, so we slept in and went to the 11 service. I really love our church and always look forward to going and learning something each Sunday. Today's service really impacted me; I was very emotional and raw when we left. And what did I do with all of the spiritual know-how I gleaned over the last hour? Picked a fight with Kevin over NOTHING on our way to small group (I am such a punk). Sometimes I wonder if I really truly learn anything. It is a lesson in God's grace that this world keeps on turning. So, we were off to small group at the Callendar's, but the Bremers were gone and Layne was not feeling so hot, so it was cut a wee short. Rory and Jenni did make us FAB frappucinos. YUM!

After small group we ran home, changed our clothes and headed off to softball practice. There were only five of us, but it was still pretty fun. I am way too excited for the season to start (come on May 7!). Oh, and let's not forget to mention that I hit Cathy in the face with a softball which left stich marks in her chin. To my (and Cathy's) defense, Kevin was messing around and totally blocked Cathy's view of the ball until it was too late. :( I tell you, don't mess with the Grey Squirrels - we mean business when it comes to softball, even if it means taking one to the face.

Whew, now we are back home and enjoying the evening before heading into the work week (oh joy!). Happy Monday Eve everyone!

No comments: