Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spring Things

These are a few of my favorite (spring) things...
Ain't nothin' but a spring thang, baby...

I couldn't help it. These are a couple of songs that just popped right into my head after I typed the blog title. Julie Andrews and Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre - gotta love it!

I love spring and in Michigan we are lucky if we get one. Sometimes we make the giant leap from snow and 30 degrees to humidity and 90 degrees. 2008 has been good to us, though, and I am completely enjoying spring. Here are a couple of reasons why:

1. Lilacs - mine are blooming and they are so pretty and smell so gosh darn good. Everytime I take Brody on a walk I get a nice whiff. They remind me of my mom and being a kid. Must be something about how they bloom around Mother's Day and the fact that we had a ton of lilac bushes growing up and my mom would always have vases full of them in the house.

2. Softball - I have a strange passion for softball (I think it is a way for me to get my competiveness out). Our first game was last and I am happy to say that the Grey Squirrels (it is a long story) were victorious! It was a ton of fun and I only slipped and said a couple of swears. Considering it is a church league, pray that I will learn to keep my mouth shut.

3. My hammock - I love reading in my hammock and am looking so forward to doing so soon. We have been so crazed lately that I haven't had the time, but it is on the short list of things I must do very soon!

I feel like I should have posted some pics of my lilac bush, our softball team or my hammock. Maybe I should start copying my friend Aletha and bring my camera everywhere so I have lovely pics to show. :o)

Go out and get your spring on, people!

1 comment:

Aletha VanderMaas said...

trend setter :: aletha. Start toting your camera around. You will not be sorry!