Monday, February 11, 2008

Beating Winter

We have gotten dumped on with snow lately. It is piled high all over the place. My dog can barely find somewhere to squat when we go out on walks because the snow is taller than he is. The temperature just barely broke into the teens today. And, bonus, we got our first rays of sun in 11 days - 11 DAYS! Needless to say I think winter is getting to us all.

I was talking with my friend and co-worker today and though we both love winter, we are getting a little cabin-feverish and sun-deprived. She mentioned that she is bringing spring in early by going tanning (or trying to tan - I love that you forgot to turn the lights on Becky!). A couple of fake rays can go a long ways to ushering in spring fever.

I, on the other hand, am counting down the days til I will be in sunny Southern California. I don't leave for 11 days, but I am now checking weather.com daily too buoy my spirits with 70 degree forecasts. I just need a 10 day thaw out and then I can come back and face the rest of winter.

Kevin was cursing winter as he shoveled more snow onto the mountaneous banks on either side of our driveway. He would like to trade in our 10-day vacation to Cali into something a little more permanent.

So, to all my friends who are battling winter, just know, that we will win. Hang in there and eventually the snow will slide away. We will put the boots and gloves and scarves and hats into their closet bed til next year. Spring, that far away event, will come. It always does.

No comments: