Monday, April 7, 2008

6 reasons this week is going to ROCK

There are plenty of things in life I could complain about, but I'm not going to! I didn't get voted class optimist for nothing, baby! Spring is here and we are going to focus on the bright side, put on the rose-colored glasses and forecast this week great.

1. Baa is back. My friend Baa (better known as Sarah) was on vacation last week, but now she is back! Sad for her, awesome for me. Talking to my miniature pirate figurine is just not the same.

2. Chinese Day is tomorrow! Dinner with the girls is ALWAYS fun, but even more so now that I don't get to see most of them everyday. Plus, I have been craving First Wok for about two weeks - yum!

3. The Office is FINALLY back this week! I have been waiting and waiting and I am so very happy to be able to watch tv again. I mean, really, who watches reality tv? I need my laughter scripted, people! Oh, and my Office calendar is featuring Pam and PRIDE this month. And who doesn't love Pam? It is just Office wonderful all around.

4. It is Spring Break. Now, this really means nothing to me personally. Spring Break is one of the cruel twists of adulthood. But, Spring Break means the office is fairly empty so I can actually start tackling the list of big projects listed on my whiteboard. It's the small things, people, really.

5. There are buds on my lilac bush! I love lilacs, and as I was doing some yardwork today I saw little buds. This just puts a big ole smile on my face. On that same note, all of my flowers grew about 3 inches from the sun and warmth in the last two days. I am so excited for them to BLOOM.

6. Softball season is HERE. We had our first practice yesterday and have another scheduled for Sunday. Go Gray Squirrels!

Now that we have the optimism train rolling, it's your turn! Let me know your reasons that this week is going to ROCK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. You guys crack me up. Peg, I love your six things. And I wasn't voted class anything, if that gives you any idea of what I was like in high school. Aletha and I would not have been friends in high school. :)

Baa

Dancing with God said...

So I was voted most likely to succeed in high school (the title even came with a t-shirt from Harvard). The t-shirt is long gone and I'm getting ready to graduate with my masters degree and no job on the horizon. Perhaps success is hard to define ...

But thanks for the sunny outlook. Reminded me to be grateful for spring break this week!