Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Naps and Babies and Flea Markets - Oh My!

I came home tonight strangely tired. So I made dinner, ate, sat down to read my book and promptly fell asleep for about two hours! I feel very rested now, but still tired enough to sleep in about an hour. No idea why I am so tired. Crazy.


Precious...
One of my very good friends from high school had her fourth baby recently. Welcome Klara! Poor little thing got bruised up when coming into this world, but I still think she is cute as a button. I can hardly believe this is Ericka's fourth baby! Her firstborn was just a wee thing at my wedding five years ago. How time flies... She has all of my respect for staying home with four kids under 5 day in and out. Plus, she plans on homeschooling. She makes my day job look like a cakewalk! Hopefully I will get to see the whole fam in my annual trip to Mt. P in July.

On the subject of babies... The women in my family go on an annual "flea market" trip each year. Usually it is to Shipshewana, but we have always wanted to go to the World's Longest Garage Sale, which is basically one huge extended flea market. It would be an extensive road trip through several states and it only happens once a year. I realized today that we better hurry up and do this trip before I have kids. And the thought freaked me out a bit. I am planning a trip around non-existant kiddos! So, the trip is now scheduled for next year. I am already dreaming of all the good finds!


3 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Holy crap--my mom, her sisters and some of their friends are doing the world's longest garage sale thing this year! I'm totally bummed I cannot attend!

Anonymous said...

I live about 15 miles from Shipshewana! Still haven't beent here yet! I bet mom will drag me there this summer! Have fun! Let me know when you are coming!

Anonymous said...

saw your blog. If you are meeting family with kids in Shipshewana; I just stayed at a really fun place. My husband and I and 7 yr old stayed at the new Splash Universe indoor water park. We had so much fun. My son was wiped out on the way home. We had the family fun suite with bunkbeds and water park passes. The passes were good for two days with our night stay. Within a 1/2 mile of the down town shops. It was such a blast.