Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Incandescently Happy

Lovely phrase, eh? I stole it from the screenwriter's of the 2005 version of P&P. It is nice to be incandescently happy once and a while and today was one of those days. The stars were aligned, glory shown down from heaven and for some reason the world was looking quite rosy from my vantage point.

Ever get those moments? Those glimpses where life is lovely and spinning and glittering like a merry-go-round whirring around and all you can do is sit back and enjoy the rush, the feel of the pulse in your neck, the breath escaping from your mouth proclaiming your vitality.

It never seems to last. I return to the land of cubicles and gray spring days. Of earth and mud and tears and questioning. But those glimpses fill up my chest and veins. They give me hope that there is more to life than this. They remind me that God has this whole world in his hands, spinning it 'round and 'round and 'round.

No comments: