Sunday, July 20, 2008

You know you are old when...

Merry-go-rounds are no longer make you feel merry, but more like you may want to puke. I loved merry-go-rounds when I was little. It was exciting to hold on tight and watch the world zoom around you, wind through pig tails, all the adrenaline rush a four-year-old can handle. Well, somewhere between 4 and 25 something changed.

Today I am at the Gormley family reunion running around with my niece and nephew. Natalie wants to go on the merry-go-round, and since she is two and liable to decide that walking while the merry-go-round is going is a good idea, I offered to be the good aunt and ride along with her. I love Natalie. I love merry-go-rounds. Kind of a no brainer. But after a couple of rounds of "faster, FASTER!" being yelled by Kyle, I was feeling quite sick. That's right. Sick, from a merry-go-round. I must be getting old. LAME.

On a separate note, 25 must be the age where people automatically assume you are going to have babies soon, or have one cooking in your belly. As I climbed off the merry-go-round and passed Natalie off to Kevin for MGR duties, my cousin said, "Nauseous? You have a baby in that belly?" To which Kevin and I both responded emphatically, "No." Seriously, I am going to get a shirt that says "No. I am not. Please stop asking." or a favorite response from my friend Rachel, "I don't have any ovaries." That should shut them up. :o)

1 comment:

Dancing with God said...

I felt old when I was done with Six Flags after 2 rides. At 26 years old. Yep, LAME. :) hehe