Monday, July 14, 2008

Fun on the job

I work with Web sites all day at a Christian publishing house. One of the projects we are working on is a user review/comment function. Since I am the "business owner" for this project, the programmer came to me to get a list of words that would be filtered out if they were entered. Yes, I had to come up with a list of swear words. The thing is, I started and realized there was no WAY I was going to come up with them all myself. So I enlisted my friend Baa, and we enlisted our friend Becky, and still we were stumped. So, I asked one of my IT friends for a list. I mean, such a thing must already exist, right? The list exists and WHOA is it crazy. Some of the words I had never seen written down before and there were some that I didn't even know the meaning of (and I don't consider myself to be THAT naive). The list had close to 300 words - whoever knew there were that many vulgar words and sayings out there! We got a good laugh out of it though - picture three girls in Christian publishing trying to come up with all possible swear words. :) Just more fun on the job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think Jesus farted?