Monday, June 30, 2008

This Weekend I...

1. Sang happy birthday to my nephew, Evan
2. Ate a piece of Evan's bday cake
3. Got a pedicure
4. Raced my nephew Isaac and lost
5. Ran a 5k (and got my best time ever!)
6. Hosted a bridal shower
7. Ate a piece of shower cake
8. Bought seven large mylar balloons with my cousin Kelci
9. Sang happy birthday to my cousin Angie
10. Ate a piece of Angie's bday cake
11. Collapsed on my favorite chair from exhaustion
12. Listened to my three four-year-old nephews jabber over breakfast
13. Pushed my nieces on the swings
14. Celebrated my grandparent's 60th anniversary
15. Watched a fun slide show full of family photos in celebration of above anniversary
16. Ate a piece of anniversary cake

4 pieces of cake later and the weekend is done and I am dead tired, but it was all worth it. Every calorie and every single memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me you got your best 5k ever! That's awesome! And I love all the celebrations. And all the cake. :)

Dancing with God said...

yeah for cake!