Monday, August 11, 2008

I heart camping










I do. Everything about it. This weekend was our annual camping trip with the Van Dykes, Van Dyks, and Texers at Silver Lake. Here are some highlights:

  1. Ice cream. I love it and can eat it all the time. Lucky for me, we went out for it a couple of times over the weekend. :o)


  2. Reading. I also love reading and it was nice to have an extended amount of time to devote to it. Thank the Lord I have friends who also like to read and we are all comfortable sitting around and reading together. I finished North and South and it is now on my list of all time favorite books! (If you look closely, you'll see we did occasionally abandon our books to do stuff)


  3. Outdoor Exercise. I love that I got to exercise out doors doing things I don't normally do - climbing massive sand dunes and swimming. I was pretty tired out after that!

  4. Friends. It was great to hang out with everyone - fun around the fire, mini-golfing, ice cream, swimming - it was just all around fun.


  5. Planning for EIS. This mini vacay gave us time to start planning our May trip to England, Ireland and Scotland. Our travel book got put to good use on the beach! Europe here we come!










No comments: